10.23.2008

Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables!










I don’t know about the rest of you, but I always get tired of people telling me, “eat your fruits and vegetables. They’re good for you.” Well, okay, so they are good for me…but why? I’ll definitely be more likely to eat them if I know what kind of “good” they are for me.

I went on a search and found out that fruits actually help with your bone density. So getting your three servings of dairy a day, along with eating your fruits will help your bones and prevent osteoporosis which affects both men and women. To lower your cardiovascular disease risk, drink red grape juice and eat blueberries. Blue and purple fruits contribute to thwarting cancer.

The above link provides numerous articles about what exactly fruit does for your body. This site also has information about a variety of vitamins and minerals.

Another incredibly useful site I just found today allows you to type in anything and the search engine will pull up the nutrition facts for you!

No comments: