Last Friday marked the official start to the holiday shopping season. Because of the country's recent economic turbulance, this year people are trying to save money anyway they can. I'm sure there were probably more people than usual waiting in long lines on Black Friday, trying to get the best deals they could.
But if you're like me, and you missed out on Black Friday and you have a very limited budget, you can still make the most of Christmas this year. Just because you are on a limited budget, doesn't mean that you can't get your loved ones the items on the top of their wish lists.
There are many easy ways to find the best deals on those most-wanted gifts. There are some really great Web sites out there that list some of the best deals this holiday season. Here are some of the best I've found:
- Slickdeals -- This is a great Web site to find deals that are not as widely advertised. Right on the home page of the site are lists of top items and where you can find them for relatively cheap online. Some things that caught my eye: Guitar Hero World Tour bundle for Wii, screw driver sets, book sets and even great deals on clothing. There is bound to be something for everyone on your list on this site.
- Pricespider -- Have you ever been at a store and found a really great sale, and wondered to yourself if the deal was really that good? PriceSpider is your answer. The site is updated constantly with the best deals on the web and comparing prices at differend online stores. All you have to do is type what item you are looking for, and the site will compare prices at sites all over the internet. I feature I really like about this site is that it has a list of top items (iPods, digital camera's, GPS, plasma TV's) right at the top of the homepage for easy navigation.
- Buzzillions -- Know what is at the top of your loved ones' wish list, but overwhelmed by all the different brands and options available for you to purchase? This site has tons of product reviews from average people on top items. Products are broken down into categories, such as electronics, toys, sporting goods, home and garden, and Green products.
- Shipgooder -- Are you shipping your gifts to family and friends accross the country this holiday season? This Web site will show you the prices from all your different shipping options (UPS, DHL, FedEx etc.) All you have to do is type in your zip code (where the package will be mailed from) and the zip code of where you are sending the package, and then the weight of the package and number of total packages. The site lists the prices for one, two and three day delivery as well as ground shipping, and show you which company will ship it for the least amount of money.
- Sundaysaver -- Not one for online shopping? Missed out on those coupons and sale advertisements in your Sunday paper this week? Never fear, this Web site does all the work for you. It lists hundreds of stores in categories such as department and clothing stores, electronics and computers and supermarket and grocery stores. Click on the store you'd like to see the sunday ad from and then input your zip code and voila, the ad from the most recent Sunday paper appears and you can see what each store has on sale.
Also, check out this video I found on The Today Show Web site on the best gifts under $25:
I hope you all find some spectacular deals this holiday season, and save tons of money staying within your budget. Happy shopping!