12.04.2008

New York Ranks Poorly in Health Stats

Apparently New York is not the most healthy, happy or safe place to live.

While Louisiana has replaced Mississippi and been dubbed the unhealthiest state in the U.S., my concern is about the state I live in. New York is ranked right in the middle at an embarrassing number 25. Obesity is running rampant in our society and people are becoming more and more lazy. Binge drinking, cancer, disease, pollution and crime are constantly increasing. Everyone always tell us we are the future, so maybe it's time to step up and make a change!
Further, New York is ranked number 19 in regards to depression. I'm not sure why we are such a depressed state when we are ranked 3rd in dairy production (milk is natures most nearly perfect food), have delicious apples, NYC and the Adirondacks. Perhaps it's because of poor snow removal, bad inner city school systems and ridiculously high criminal rates.

Which brings me to my next point. New York also happens to place 21st in criminal rates. That's pretty high if you ask me!

I would say all of these are interrelated. If we could work to change one, I would be willing to bet the rest would soon follow...for the better hopefully!

1 comment:

Emily Elizabeth said...

oh Sam, you and milk. I guess it's a good thing I live in VT huh? lol!